Could a corporation apply for an E2 visa?

E2 visas are visas under which investors may live & conduct specified businesses in the US. These businesses are available to nationals of Iran, as Iranians signed a commerce treaty with the United States in 1958.

E2 visas may be applied under certain forms of corporation. The corporation must be owned by the nationals of the treaty country. The nationality of a corporation is determined by the nationality of the share- holders.

The treaty investor, however, must hold controlling interests. This means the investor would have minimum of 50% of shares and an executive or otherwise a managerial position in the company.

E2 visas are complex & their applications entail great deal of attention to business details. Make sure to contact  a qualified lawyer before you apply.

This is an immigration blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advise.

For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.

Ramona Kennedy ( Attorney) is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)

Phones: 1-310-623-0080  & 1-949-677-0063
Imo: 1-310-623-0080
Telegram: 1-949-677-0063

Office Locations:
Los Angeles (WestWood) Location
Openheimer tower
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024
Phone: (1) 310-623-0080
Orange County Location
5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660
Phone: (1) 949-677-0063