More on Treaty Trader (E2) Visas

When a foreign businessman decides to operate a business in the US, if otherwise eligible, he could apply for an E2 visa.

In an E2 visa, because applicant is required to be the controlling supervisor/director or manager of the business operation, he may be required to have some relevant educational or operational background to ensure the success of the US business.

The amount of the capital, applicant must spend is unclear, the rule however, calls for “substantial amount of investment”. Substantial amount may be defined in relations to the type of business. For example, to purchase & run a small suburban sandwich store in Southern California, the “substantial amount” is different than purchasing & operating a down town New York city development project.

E2 Visas are complex & require close attentions to business details, contact an experienced lawyer to learn more.

This is an immigration blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advise.
For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.

Ramona Kennedy ( Attorney) is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Phones: 1-310-623-0080 & 1-949-677-0063
Imo: 1-310-623-0080
Telegram: 1-949-677-0063
Office Locations:
Los Angeles (WestWood) Location
Openheimer tower
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024
Phone: (1) 310-623-0080
Orange County Location
5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660
Phone: (1) 949-677-0063


Author: kennedylawblog

Lawyer in California, USA Fluent in American English & Persian (Farsi); Speaks Azeri (Turkish)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s