What are the general requirements for P1 visas?

A P1 visa holder is usually an internationally recognized athlete or a member of an internationally recognized sports team.

Holder of P1 visa could get paid for performance or may study part time in the US.

This visa may be issued for tournaments, seasonal competitions, events, vacations, or any activities that are incidental or related to the sport.

While P1 requires international recognition, armature athletes could apply for tourist visas to enter US &  work visas (H-2B) may be issued for less accomplished athletes.

A contract with a major US team or league is generally required.

The burden of proof to show an individual or a team is internationally recognized is upon the applicant or his attorney.

To determine your visa eligibility, discuss your case with a competent counsel.

This is an immigration blog. It is not intended to be used as legal advise.

For further information please contact the law offices of attorney Ramona Kennedy.

Ramona Kennedy ( Attorney) is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Email: Kennedycounsel@gmail.com

Phones: 1-310-623-0080  & 1-949-677-0063
Imo: 1-310-623-0080
Telegram: 1-949-677-0063

Office Locations:
Los Angeles (WestWood) Location
Openheimer tower
10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1101 Los Angeles CA 90024
Phone: (1) 310-623-0080
Orange County Location
5000 Birch St, Suite 3000 Newport Beach CA 92660
Phone: (1) 949-677-0063

Author: kennedylawblog

Lawyer in California, USA Fluent in American English & Persian (Farsi)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s